Unless you host a lot of parties and special events, you may have a lot of questions about hiring musicians for your anniversary party, fund raising event, holiday party, life celebration or other special event. Below we answer some of the most common questions we get from clients looking to book us for a special event they’re hosting.
- How do I reserve my event date with you? In order for us to reserve your event date, we will need to collect your deposit and get a signed booking agreement from you. For the booking agreement, we generally need the following, although some may be left blank if they haven’t been confirmed yet; client’s name, address, email address, phone, date of event or wedding, beginning and ending time of the event, address and location of the event (such as garden, ceremony room, lounge, banquet hall, etc.), type of music (classical, Celtic, world, Spanish, Disney, Broadway songs, movie music, traditional wedding music, jazz, folk, standard songs, a variety, etc.) and any special musical requests (say, a song to walk down the aisle to for your wedding ceremony, or special featured song to be played at a certain time during the event.)
- Do I need to sign a contract? Yes. As described above, we will provide you with a booking agreement that you will need to sign in order to reserve your event or wedding date. The contract outlines what music we will provide, when we will play, where we will play, what will happen if you need to cancel or change the date of your event, what kind of sound equipment (PA system) we will provide, the weather provisions, if your event is planned for outdoors, etc.
- When is the payment for my music due? A deposit is due in order to for us to reserve your event or wedding date for you. Your balance will be due one to two weeks before your event. We will send you invoices for your payments due and receipts when your payments have been made.
- How can we pay? Most of our clients pay by personal check or Zelle, but arrangements can be made for you to pay by credit card or to make a series of payments, if that’s easier for you.
- How far in advance should we book you for our music? For best availability, we suggest you contact us at least 6 months in advance. For holiday or Christmas music, we suggest you book starting at least in June. We may have some availability later in the year for holiday parties, but dates and times will be limited. During the holidays and busier seasons, we may double book dates for weddings and events on the same days if there is ample time for travel between them.
- Can we use your amplification system for announcements? Yes. Depending upon the set-up of your event, you may be able to use our amplification system to speak to your guests or for officiants and couples to be heard during a wedding ceremony. You may also request to rent a separate wireless microphone from us for such purposes. We’ve been to enough weddings where the guests can’t hear the officiant or vows, so we’d be happy to discuss your options.
We hope this list of FAQs helps to answer your questions, but please do contact us by phone, text or email with your additional questions on your wedding, special event or holiday music.