Live Music for Wedding Ceremonies in Phoenix
You can hire many different ensembles to play wedding music for you, but we don’t just play the notes; everything we play is performed with the utmost passion and taste so that your experience is deeper than just hearing pretty melodies.
Bride’s Processional Music
While there are several key moments in your wedding, the first, and most important, is when the bride walks down the aisle. So much goes into that moment; a moment the bride and groom will never forget. No question, this thirty seconds of music is the most important piece of music during the ceremony. Whether it’s classical, a Broadway tune, a favorite love song, or whatever else, you should pick what’s most meaningful to you. That 30 seconds will seem to go by in a millisecond, but we are here to help make it an unforgettable moment.
Our goal is to understand your vision of wedding day and then work with you to customize your ceremony music to enhance that mood. We can help you select just the right music for the bride’s processional and every section of the ceremony including:
- prelude (as guests arrive)
- processional (wedding party, flower girl, ring bearer, bride’s entrance)
- lighting of unity candles/sand ceremony (if desired)
- offertory (if desired)
- communion (if desired)
- recessional (after the new couple is announced)
- postlude (as guests leave their seats)
Choosing Your Wedding Ceremony Music
There are many possibilities of styles and songs, but the first thing you need to decide regarding your wedding ceremony music is if you want traditional music or something different.
Traditional Wedding Ceremony Music
We play traditional wedding ceremony music with the same fresh passion as when these masterpieces were first written. Some wedding ceremony favorites include:
- Air on the G String, J.S. Bach
- Ave Maria, Franz Schubert
- Bridal Chorus from Lohengrin, Richard Wagner
- Canon in D, Johann Pachelbel
- Jesu, Joy of Man’s Desiring, J.S. Bach
- Wedding March from Midsummer Night’s Dream, Felix Mendelssohn
Contemporary Wedding Ceremony Music
If you’re looking for something other than traditional wedding music, you can choose from current music, standard songs, jazz, movie music, Celtic music, Spanish music or other music of your choice. Below are some popular choices:
- A Thousand Years – Christina Perri
- Thinking Out Loud – Ed Sheeran
- Can’t Help Falling in Love – Elvis Presley
- Beauty and the Beast
- You’ve Got a Friend in Me from Toy Story
Working with your officiant to plan your ceremony, you can determine if any other parts of the ceremony will be suited for music. Most commonly, we play a short, lyrical piece during the lighting of a unity candle or during the sand ceremony.
If you’re having a traditional wedding ceremony, we can play a spirited version of Mendelssohn’s “Wedding March” once you are pronounced man and wife. A contemporary pop song can also work wonderfully for a recessional, if you’re looking for something non-traditional.
For Insider Tips on Selecting Your Wedding Ceremony Music, click here.