If your wedding reception is like most, and you have the budget for it, you’ll most likely want to select live music for your dinner as well as your wedding ceremony and cocktail hour.
SoSco Duo is the perfect choice for those looking to hire musicians for their wedding ceremony, cocktail hour and dinner, because we have the versatility, skill and repertoire to play all of these events with either similar or different styles of music.
For dinner music, here are a few points to consider:
- Music will create the ambiance but will not be the focal point.
- The style isn’t as important as the overall ambiance, which should be relaxing and in the background.
- Your guests will eating and talking while sitting down, so the music must be soft enough to be able to talk over comfortably.
- The dining room will likely be less noisy than it was during cocktail hour. Guest will be more spread out.
- Music will be less prominent because guests will be focused on their meal. If there are toasts, the music will need to pause during those times.
- Dinner is the perfect time to have music that you love but won’t be dancing to.
- While there is some additional charge for dinner music, if we’re already playing for cocktail hour, the additional cost is nominal.
Interested in live music for your wedding dinner? We’d love to work with you to select just the right music to set the mood.