With Valentine’s Day coming up in the month of February, we have a very busy month ahead. Some of the performances we’re looking forward to most this month are:
- Vow renewal celebration. For this event, we will be playing traditional wedding music for a vow renewal ceremony at an adult community in Sun City. We will play classical music for the prelude music, then the Bridal Chorus by Richard Wagner for the brides. We will also play the traditional wedding march at the end of the ceremony. After the wedding ceremony is complete, we will play romantic love songs as background music for the cocktail hour and then for the dinner reception. Should be a lovely, sentimental Valentine’s Day.
- Ladies Luncheon. Also this month, we will be playing background music for the ladies of a wealth management company in Scottsdale. The event is being held in a private room at The McCormick Scottsdale. This is a special event to benefit The American Heart Association. This is part of the Go Red for Women campaign, the American Heart Association’s national movement to end heart disease and stroke in women.
- Sweetheart Dinner. This is a celebration of couples who have been married for 50 year or more to the same person. The event is taking place at an adult community in Tempe. The celebration includes, social time, a special game for guests and then the dinner where we will be playing romantic love songs.
- Red Dress Fundraiser. We will be playing background music for a Red Dress Fundraiser
- February is the month of love, so we will be playing several weddings including one at The Wright House in Mesa and at Mountain Shadows in Scottsdale.
Some our favorite romantic music to play at these special events and others that celebrate love, include:
- Love Me Tender recorded by Elvis Presley
- As Time Goes By featured in Casablanca
- Some Day My Prince Will Come as heard in Disney’s Snow White
- Love Story originally sung by Andy Williams
- Unforgettable as made popular by Nat King Cole
- The Nearness of You by Hoagy Carmichael
- Moon River from Breakfast at Tiffany’s
- Happy Together by the Turtles
- And I Love Her by Paul McCartney of The Beatles
- All I Ask of You from The Phantom of the Opera
- Speak Softly My Love from The Godfather as made popular by Andy Williams
- One Hand, One Heart from Westside Story