One of the best ways to make an event special for your guests is to hire live musicians. But while you probably have some idea how to hire a caterer or rent a venue, most people have a lot of questions about hiring musicians.
Below we review the most common questions we get from clients looking to hire us for a wide array of events such as:
- holiday parties
- anniversary parties
- life celebrations/memorial services
- holiday/Christmas parties
- fund-raising events
- wedding ceremonies
- cocktail hours
- open houses
- Can I request songs? Yes. We have a fairly long list of songs on our play list including classical, hymns, Celtic, Spanish, world music, folk, jazz, contemporary, Broadway, movie music, Disney and holiday music. But, if you would like us to play a specific song, or even several songs, just ask! We can arrange most songs and instrumental music to sound beautiful on the flute and guitar. Every once in a while, we’ll suggest a client choose a different song because their first request doesn’t work well with our ensemble, but that’s fairly rare. We love doing special arrangements, so don’t be shy about asking! Fees may apply, but this fee includes the arrangement, printing, rehearsal and performance of you requested song(s). We’ve even made recordings of our clients’ requests, so let us know if you’re interested in a recording we can make just for you!
- Can you play outdoors? Yes. The flute and guitar carry well outdoors and can be performed either with or without amplification. So, our ensemble is ideal for venues that do not allow amplification. We do require clients to provide fans or heaters for outdoor events that occur above or below certain temperatures. We also request to be provided sun and rain cover when conditions require them. But, that being said, we are easy-going and have performed outside on December evenings and on May afternoons.
- Does your rate include sound equipment? Yes. Depending upon the number of guests you expect and the venue you’ve chosen, we may or may not need to use amplification. Contrary to common belief, the flute is a pretty loud instrument so often does not require amplification even when the guitar does. Outdoors, we generally amplify both the flute and the guitar, so access to power will be required, but for inside events, it will depend upon the size and properties of the space.
- Do you charge a separate travel fee? No. All travel fees are included in your quote. We perform all over the valley including Chandler, Ahwatukee, Surprise, Glendale, Peoria, Sun City, Sun City West, Carefree, Cave Creek and Anthem. We also travel outside the valley to Sedona, Tucson, Payson and Prescott. But not matter where you’re located, when you get your quote, it will include any travel fees.
- How do you charge for music? We do our best to fit your budget. That being said, we charge a flat fee based on how long your event will run, where the event is located, what music you’re requesting, the size and type of venue and other factors. Contact us to receive a personalized quote for your event.